For each of the quarters we will post some significant notes and our evaluation.
Browns 3rd Possession (continued)
- Drive fizzles as Devone Bess catches the ball 1 yard short or the first down, leaving to a punt.
- Weeden locked on to Bess and didn’t look at other receivers.
Ravens 4th Possession
- Tandon Doss, playing in place of injured Jacoby Jones, with a big punt return to near midfield.
- A couple missed tackles led to Doss’s return after a long punt.
- Ravens go 3 and out.
- Again the Browns look great on defense. How Flacco held on to the ball during the sack is impressive.
Browns 4th Possession
- Weeden stood in to deliver the ball down the field to Benjamin.
- Starting back at their 7 the Browns need to switch field position if possible, big throw.
- Browns with another first down.
- Using Richardson on 1st and 2nd leaves to manageable 3rd down, to Bess again.
- Browns punt after a sack of the right side again.
- While they got the sack, Weeden has more time to move around this week compared to last week.
Ravens 5th Possession
- On screen pass, Mingo cuts down Rice after 7 yards.
- Mingo’s speed obvious as he was in the backfield when Flacco let go of the ball.
- Another 3 and out leads to a punt.
- Browns defense doing work to hold down Flacco and the Ravens. Mingo’s speed led to holing penalty and 10 more yards.
Browns 5th Possession
- Browns allow clock to click down to 2 minute warning.
- With a 3 and 4 and the ball at their 37 its a smart safe decision.
- Browns forced to punt after a big sack by what looked like most of the Ravens Front 7, second bad punt in a row.
- Weeden didn’t have a quick hot route run so no options, lucky to hold onto the ball.
Ravens 6th Possession
- Good starting position at the 35 for the Ravens with a little over a minute left in the half.
- Hardwork in the first half could be for naught if the Ravens can put points on the board.
- Huge 20 yard underneath reception by Torrey Smith with no one near Smith.
- Like in the first half, protecting the deep ball leaves the middle underneath open.
- No call on the scrum at the end of the 3rd down play.
- May have been lucky for the Browns as the flag was thrown because of a Browns move.
- Tucker misses his second FG.
- Browns dodge a huge bullet and should go into half with a lead, and get the ball after the half.
Browns 6th Possession
- 1st down with 25 seconds left on a pass to Cameron and a big pass to Greg Little to put the Browns near FG range.
- Browns don’t take a knee instead look to put more points on the board.
- 51 Yard Field Goal Attempt is Good!
- Aggressive play calling leads to a 6 – 0 Browns lead going into half, and they get the ball back after the half.
Scoreboard: Browns 6 Ravens 0