Browns 7th Possession
- First outside run to Richardson goes for 7 yards.
- All runs can’t be outside but Richardson in space is impressive especially his cutting ability.
- Outside run by Richardson loses 3 and pressure on 3rd leads to a punt.
- A few first downs open the 2nd half well but can’t keep it going. Outside runs can cause negative plays.
Ravens 7th Possession
- Ravens give the ball to Ray Rice for a first down.
- Going away from Rice was not positive for the Ravens, expect more this half.
- After a big pass play to Smith the Ravens go to their backup RB Benard Pierce for 2 runs for 3 yards.
- Giving Rice rest is important but limits his touches significantly.
- Underneath throws lead to 2 first downs.
- Horton hasn’t found a way to cover the underneath routes yet.
- Pierce powers close to the goal line then powers it in for a TD.
- Two and a half quarters of quality play out the window, with the lead, on 1 touchdown drive.
Browns 8th Possession
- Browns pickup first down on Devone Bess underneath route
- Balance of Richardson and Bess leads to another first. Solid pair who gets good tough yardage.
- Weeden overthows FB Chris Ogbonnaya on a wide open wheel route.
- Ogbonnaya would of been able to make it in for a touchdown if a little touch placed on the ball.
- The overthrow and a penalty leads to a punt.
- Weeden tried to force one in that hit Little in the hands, but was triple covered and a good punt ensued.
Ravens 8th Possession
- Rice fumbles the ball and the Browns recover.
- Craig Robertson punches the ball out, ball stayed on the field for a long time but Browns pounce and recover.
Browns 9th Possession
- Browns look for a big play after the turnover but Weeden gets sacked for a loss of 8.
- Weeden needs to find his check down receiver much quicker.
- On 3rd and 18 Weeden’s arm is hit while throwing the pass, Ogbonnaya able to watch the flight of the ball for a 14 yard gain.
- No first down but the Browns luck is better then usual as they didn’t turn the ball over.
Scoreboard: Ravens 7 Browns 6