While the Browns made the move to trade Trent Richardson to the Colts for a #1 pick, eyes turned to the 2014 NFL Draft. The Browns have made clear intentions of drafting a Franchise QB, unless Brian Hoyer or Brandon Weeden blow them away on the field. There are a number of underclassman and at least 1 senior QB that could be in the discussion for the Browns with a high pick. Marcus Mariotta, Brett Hundley (Mocked to the Browns in SI’s first attempt), Johnny Manzel and Tajh Boyd all could fit the need in Cleveland. On top of most draft analyst’s boards right now is Lousville’s Teddy Bridgewater.
The fine folks of Bleacher Report have a quick video discussing how good Bridgewater is right now and how good of a pro he will be. Watch the video and come back for our feedback.
- He’s a leader and stays out of trouble means different then Trent Richardson feedback and Josh Gordon’s off the field performance
- Complete Package: Can do all the things needed including run, lead receivers and hit people in stride.
- Comfortable under center and in shotgun will allow a good running game from under center, from shotgun fits in Norv Turner’s offense.
- Level of Competition: Big worry after players like Akili Smith who couldn’t make it in the NFL.
- Puts ball in place only his guy can make the play will take advantage of Josh Gordon and Jordan Cameron.
- Keeps his eyes up allows him to throw the ball while under pressure
- Aaron Rogers comparison should excite whatever team gets Teddy Bridgewater. Rogers took some time so it will be interesting if he can come right in and compete.
Look forward to previewing other QBs as the season goes on and as we prepare for the draft.