The Cleveland Indians Wild Card game roster is out. No real surprises but Terry Francona did keep some extra pitchers for the game:
Danny Salazar, plus right-handers Justin Masterson, Cody Allen, Joe Smith, Matt Albers, Bryan Shaw, Chris Perez and (Corey) Kluber, along with lefties Marc Rzepczynski, Rich Hilland and (Scott) Kazmir.The infield consists of first baseman Nick Swisher, All-Star second baseman Jason Kipnis, shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera, third baseman Lonnie Chisenhall and utility man Mike Aviles. The outfield includes left fielder Michael Brantley, center fielder Michael Bourn, right fielder Drew Stubbs and utility man Ryan Raburn. Cleveland will carry two catchers: Yan Gomes and Carlos Santana. The Indians added a trio of role players in veteran Jason Giambi, Jose Ramirez and Matt Carson.
Last night we saw a raucous crowd in Pittsburgh and their chanting of Johnny Cueto’s name seemed to get in the head of the starting pitcher a little bit. Here are a few chants we should see tonight:
- For Rays Starting Pitcher Alex Cobb – Sweet Corn. Similar to the Cueto chant, use of the two syllable Sweet Corn to make fun of Cobb’s name. Hear that ringing out while you try to pitch. Sweet Corn, Sweet Corn, Sweet Corn.
- For Rays All Star Evan Longoria – Simple and sweet, again a 2 syllable chant — EVA, EVA, EVA after the TV star who shares the same last name and first 3 letters of Evan’s first.
- James Loney – Same type of chant but use Loony. You could also use Loony Tunes in some version.
- Ben Zobrist – Chanting Broken Wrist, Broken Wrist… Just confusing but it rhymes.
- Wil Myers – Michael Myers (clap, clap, clap clap clap) or Austin Powers (clap, clap, clap clap clap)
- Joel Peralta – Start a Johnny chant, for the ex Indian, current Tiger PED user
- Pitcher Chris Archer – Bow and Arrow (clap, clap, clap clap clap) Get it Archer?
- Jose Molina – Chant Yadier, Yadier… Confuse him with his brother.
- Yunel Escobar – A chant of Pablo Escobar, the noted drug smuggler may not be appropriate but could be useful.
All right that is the best I got. Can you think of others? Can we get this list going so the stadium is in unison? Who can make ten thousands of copies?