The Cleveland Indians magical ride has come to an end. At the hands of the Tampa Bay Rays the Tribe was unable to score a run, even with 9 hits, and gave up just enough runs to keep the game out of reach. A few thoughts from last night:
- Many are questioning Terry Francona’s moves but the team got enough hits and pitched reasonably well, they just failed to get runs across.
- One of his moves, starting Lonnie Chisenhall, paid off as he was one of the best hitters on the night.
- Danny Salazar pitched well for such a young player and should be a staple of the rotation for years to come.
- Alex Cobb coming back from that shot to the head is utterly amazing.
- The way he and Jose Molina kept Tribe hitters off balanced was brilliant.
- The crowd was into it and loud for the beginning and different parts of the game. but failed to be a huge impact.
- Compared to Pittsburgh’s crowd is was a little underwhelming, then again the Pirates haven’t been in the playoffs for 20 some years and the Steelers give them nothing to cheer for so, lets give them this.
- No matter how this game ended, even if they failed to make the playoffs, for this team the season was as success.
The season was a shot in the arm both for Cleveland and the fan base. This team was not expected to compete this year for the playoffs so doing so, a year or two early was a blessing. We will do some off-season reviews, some soon and more after the World Series but needless to say there are a few changes that hopefully can be made. We published are yearly awards for the team already and you can check those out to review the season, but here is a nice video compilation to relive the moments that made this season great.