Yesterday’s game against the Cincinnati Bengals was a big stage, and possible landmark win, for the Cleveland Browns. With a win the Browns would be only a half game out in the AFC North and possibly tied for the 2nd Wild Card spot. A loss, especially a non-competitive one, would show that not much has changed for the Brownies. In the end a SPECIAL game ended with the visiting team on the short end of a 41 – 20 loss. There was much that was SPECIAL about the game including a team losing by 3 touchdowns but honestly believing it was a few plays away from a huge victory.
We choose to look at yesterday and everything that was SPECIAL involved with it:
- Joe Haden had a SPECIAL first quarter intercepting 2 Andy Dalton passes and returning 1 for a touchdown.
- The Bengals had a SPECIAL day defensively forcing 3 INTs and 1 fumble.
- Vontaze Burfict had a SPECIAL play, jarring the ball loose from the Chris Ogbonnaya then picking it up and scoring.
- The Browns special teams had a SPECIAL-ly terrible day blocking leading to a blocked punt for a TD and a tipped punt totaling 9 yards.
- The Browns defense was SPECIAL in holding SPECIAL wide receiver AJ Green to 2 catches for 7 yards.
- Josh Gordon had a SPECIAL game with 5 catches for 125 yards and a SPECIAL play fighting off a Bengals DB to catch the ball and finish a 74 yard TD reception.
- The Browns were SPECIAL on defense holding Andy Dalton to 93 yards passing on 27 attempts.
- The Browns defense was SPECIAL holding the Bengals to a total of 224 yards.
- The Bengals offensive line was SPECIAL holding the Browns vaunted front 7 to 0 sacks.
- The Browns had a SPECIAL game losing by so much while giving up so little to the opposing.
- It was a SPECIAL loss for the Browns who are still 1 game back in the Wild Card but now tied with both the Ravens and Steelers in the AFC North.
Topics: Cleveland Browns