The NBA Trade Deadline comes to pass in 1 hour. The biggest trade piece for the Cavs, at least that the team’s fans were hoping would be moved, is Jarrett Jack. Jack was seen to be on the radar for the Nets, Kings, TWolves and Warriors among other teams during the rumor season. It looks like Jack might stick around for a little while, according to Ken Berger:
Barring an unforeseen turn of events, Jarrett Jack will wind up staying in Cleveland past the deadline, league source says.
— Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) February 20, 2014
Obviously Berger allows for a possible change due to unforeseen turn of events, read: Big Deal, but it looks like the Cavs will make it work with Jack for at least the rest of the season. This makes sense for a few reasons:
- Jack’s value is pretty low right now based on his play.
- His contract is pretty large and long, holding on to him for a bit makes him more tradeable.
- Dion Waiters injury could last for a little while limiting the Cavs ball handling options.
- Jack wants to play in Cleveland for Mike Brown, not many players are openly feel this way about either.
- Free from the worry of being traded could be very freeing.
The trade deadline is ticking down and the Cavs have added Spencer Hawes so far. Could Jack still be moved? Of course. Luol Deng is still out there and possibly moved, will they pull the trigger? Is possible but unlikely.
Are you hopeful that Jack will improve or sad that he is still most likely on the team? What would you need to get for him to have traded him?