The Cleveland Browns added one wide receiver yesterday but could they add another over the next few days? Desean Jackson is reportedly available for trade from the Philadelphia Eagles. Jackson has a large contract, selfish attitude and undeniable talent. The Browns have Josh Gordon and now Andrew Hawkins at the wide out spot and not much else. Could a match be made bringing the Browns and Jackson together? Lets look at the Pros and Cons, starting first with the negatives:
- Jackson’s contract is huge. He currently is set to count 12.5 million against the Eagles cap with $30.5 million left on his contract.
- Jackson is not a big player and is prone to injury.
- He is prone to giving up on routes where he is not the primary receiver.
- His diva attitude could have a negative impact on Gordon.
- That is a lot of money for a #2 receiver.
- The Browns have quite a few players due new contracts next year.
- There are a number of quality receivers available in the draft, including Sammy Watkins up top.