The Cleveland Browns schedule has been released. The Browns sent out their schedule via Twitter with the following tweet:
— Cleveland Browns (@Browns) April 23, 2014
- The Browns open the season against the rival Steelers. Huge game to start the Mike Pettine/Ray Farmer regime.
- Taking on the Saints and Ravens the next two weeks sets up for a tough start to the season before the Week 4 bye.
- The next 5 games are against teams who missed the playoffs.
- Instead of ending with 2 of their last 3 games against the Steelers like 2013 their second game is Week 6.
- After the Bengals in Week 10 the Browns play 3 more teams who missed the playoffs.
- The finishing schedule is tough with 3 playoff teams (Colts, Bengals, Panthers) and Week 17 versus the Ravens.
- The Browns get a Thursday Night Game against the Bengals in Week 10, Nov. 6th.
- The Browns have no other prime time games.
The Browns will need to make their way through the middle of their schedule. If they can 1 of their first 3 and take 6 against the 8 teams in the middle of the schedule who missed the playoffs, take 1 of 2 from the Bengals and beat 2 of their other finishing games (Colts, Panthers and Ravens) the team could end up with 10 wins. A fan can hope right?
What stood out to you? Does the schedule being released get you more excited for the Draft?