It took just 85 pitches, as Kluber faced one over the minimum. In his last two games, he’s tossed 18 innings, allowed zero earned runs, and struck out 18. He’s also allowed just five hits, while walking nobody.
As the trade deadline nears, never forget the small deals. Kluber was acquired from the Padres in a three-way deal with the St. Louis Cardinals. All it cost was Jake Westbrook.
• This was Hernandez’s third loss of the year in 23 starts. On an interesting note, Hernandez is now 3-6 when he pitches at Progressive Field.
• The blog at Let’s Go Tribe wrote a post on what a Kluber extension might look like.
• Factory of Sadness Co-Editor Jared Mueller reached out to our St. Louis Blog, Arch Authority, to get St. Louis’ perspective on Ramsey.
• Nike unveiled a new LeBron James t-shirt. The Oregon-based company apparently trying its darndest to confuse kids about spelling across the United States.
• According to an ESPN report, the Cavs are the frontrunner to land Kevin Love, because they’re the only team Minnesota is talking to about a potential trade for Kevin Love.
• Cleveland.com used 272 words to report a story that Johnny Manziel grabbed a beer after practice in suburban Cleveland Tuesday. No word on whether or not Keno was being played.