Oct 17, 2015; Columbus, OH, USA; Ohio State Buckeyes wide receiver Braxton Miller (1) hands the ball to the official after catching a touchdown in the fourth quarter against the Penn State Nittany Lions at Ohio Stadium. Mandatory Credit: James Lang-USA TODAY Sports
The Ohio State football program heads to New Jersey to play Rutgers Saturday night, and all expectations are that the Buckeyes will advance to 8-0 as VegasInsiders.com had OSU opening as 20.5 point favorites.
The Buckeyes, ranked No. 1 in both the Associated Press poll, as well as the Amway Coaches’ Poll, are looking to stay undefeated and improve to 8-0, while Rutgers enters the contest at 2-4.
The two programs played last season in Columbus, and Ohio State clobbered the Scarlet Knights, 56-17. The Buckeyes went on to win the national title and returned most of the talent that helped Urban Meyer and OSU win the inaugural College Football Playoff.
So, why will Ohio State beat Rutgers. Well, Ohio State being Ohio State is a good place to start, but what fun is that as the crux of the argument?
These five reasons highlight why Ohio State will win when the Buckeyes play Rutgers this Saturday night on ESPN.
Next: QB Position Finally Settled
More from Factory of Sadness
- Bet $1 on ANYTHING to Unlock $200 Guaranteed with Crazy Bet365 Ohio Promo!
- 3 reasons why the Cleveland Cavaliers have a good shot to win the East next year
- It might be too soon to say it but it looks like the Cleveland Guardians are back
- Are the Cleveland Browns a Top 10 roster heading into the 2023 season?
- Eastern Conference Solidarity: Back the Heat with $5 Bet, Win $200 Bonus INSTANTLY with DraftKings Promo