How do the preseason predictions of this year’s Cleveland Indians play out?
In our three part Mailbag Preview for the 2016 Cleveland Indians, there were some bold predictions made by yours truly. How did those prognostications hold up? We take a look back to see how well we’ve done thus far.
Cody Anderson is not quite in 2015 form
I really thought the young starter was going to
while the Cleveland Indians organizational depth. Instead, it’s been a disastrous season for Anderson. A 7.48 ERA with the big league club is most definitely not improvement.
More from Factory of Sadness
- Bet $1 on ANYTHING to Unlock $200 Guaranteed with Crazy Bet365 Ohio Promo!
- 3 reasons why the Cleveland Cavaliers have a good shot to win the East next year
- It might be too soon to say it but it looks like the Cleveland Guardians are back
- Are the Cleveland Browns a Top 10 roster heading into the 2023 season?
- Eastern Conference Solidarity: Back the Heat with $5 Bet, Win $200 Bonus INSTANTLY with DraftKings Promo
Yan Gomes lost “bounce back” year
I had high hopes for Yan Gomes, as I devoted an entire piece to why he should be
. After a .169 / .208 / .349 slash line thus far with only 29 hits on the entire year, Gomes has been the weakest link on an otherwise potent offense. That’s caused a lot of Tribe fans, including on this site, to look at Brewers catcherJonathan Lucroy
as a trade target ahead of the deadline.
Bullpen move saves Trevor Bauer
- Monday’s piece on Bauer hit on all of the reasons why Mickey Calloway’s magic continues to work in the bullpen for starters in need of a refresh. Bauer has been a different pitcher since the move to the ‘pen, lowering his ERA by over a full run and lowering his walk rate since getting back into the rotation. For a team that doesn’t have a lot of pitching reinforcements in Columbus, Bauer’s resurgence has been a huge part of one of the best rotations in all of baseball.
Rajai Davis makes an impact, but not the biggest of the vets
Davis has played well, including an epic stretch of games during the Cincinnati Reds series. He’s been a valuable piece to the outfield withMichael Brantley
out and nowMarlon Byrd
‘s career over due to his second PED suspension. I thought
More from Cleveland Guardians
- Emmanuel Clase is not struggling for the Cleveland Guardians in 2023
- 3 teams the Cleveland Guardians should trade Shane Bieber to
- Zach Plesac’s tenure with the Cleveland Guardians will not be fondly remembered
- Terry Francona continues to pad his historic resume during Cleveland Guardians tenure
- Don’t Miss One of Ohio’s Biggest Sportsbook Promos (Unlock $1,250 Bonus at Caesars!)
Tyler Naquin lives up to our expectations
Stop me if you’ve heard this before: Factory of Sadness loves Tyler Naquin. I was going to be happy if Naquin
, but he’s been better than expected for the Cleveland Indians.
He’s hitting .300 since coming back up to the big club and quickly became the Kansas City Royals’ worst nightmare. If he continues to swing the bat and provide great defense in center, this team can use their new found outfield depth to their advantage down the stretch.