The most popular jersey belongs to a player Ohio State fans are quite familiar with.
When you think about the jersey that sells the most and is the most popular in the NFL, who comes to mind? In years past such answers could include future Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback Peyton Manning or Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson, among others.
This year, that honor up to this point goes to former Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott. Elliott was drafted fourth overall by the Dallas Cowboys on April 28th. According to Darren Rovell of ESPN, Elliott’s jersey ranks first from April 1st to June 30th.
Once the month of July is done and the month’s figures are known, it would not be surprising to see Elliott remain at the top. Being in the position he is in is quite impressive, especially because Elliott has yet to even play a meaningful down yet!
More from Ohio State Buckeyes
- Ohio State losing Quinn Ewers a week after the Michigan loss is bad optics
- Ohio State football: CFP still possible as long as defense not hot mess
- Ohio State football: Once C.J. Stroud settled in, Minnesota was done
- Ohio State basketball: Aaron Craft back in uniform for Buckeyes
- 2021 NFL Draft chatter: Justin Fields falls into Patriots laps after trade up?
That said, both Ohio State and the Dallas Cowboys has a large, nationwide following, so his jersey success does make sense in that regard. Regardless of who has bought his jersey, the fact is that those jersey owners now has a jersey they will not be disappointed with.
Behind the talented offensive line Dallas starts, Elliott should provide an impact like Los Angeles Rams running back Todd Gurley had last season. The quantity of bought Elliott jerseys should increase considerably once the preseason and then again when the regular season starts and NFL fans watch him live.
More from Factory of Sadness
- Bet $1 on ANYTHING to Unlock $200 Guaranteed with Crazy Bet365 Ohio Promo!
- 3 reasons why the Cleveland Cavaliers have a good shot to win the East next year
- It might be too soon to say it but it looks like the Cleveland Guardians are back
- Are the Cleveland Browns a Top 10 roster heading into the 2023 season?
- Eastern Conference Solidarity: Back the Heat with $5 Bet, Win $200 Bonus INSTANTLY with DraftKings Promo
Should Elliott keep the title of best-selling jersey, his play on the field will have to show he is worth the hype. He was the Ohio State offense last season and there is not any doubt he cannot have a very good career. However, the other NFL stars who are behind him are very successful in their own right.
The following are listed two through six in jersey sells: New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr., Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton, New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski, and interestingly enough Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz.
Wentz is a surprise, as he did not go to a big school like Ohio State which would give him more recognition. Although Wentz was drafted second overall, there is also no plans at the moment for him to even be active on game days.
In the past we have seen former Ohio State Buckeyes be listed near or at the top of the list of best-selling NFL jerseys. This is going to be the first of many seasons that ‘Zeke should be listed at the top of this list. If you plan on buying his NFL jersey, I would not wait too much longer!