Our final 2019 NFL Mock Draft answers who the Cleveland Browns will pick in every round of the NFL Draft. Plus, a trade for Duke Johnson.
No first-round pick for the Cleveland Browns, but that doesn’t mean the 2019 NFL Draft won’t be exciting, Liars’ Season is nearing an end and we will soon see who was telling the truth, and whose nose is longer than Pinnochio’s.
For my final NFL mock draft, version 5.0, I’m going three rounds deep, and then I’ll offer a look at what direction the Cleveland Browns might go in rounds 4-7.
1. Arizona-Kyler Murray-QB-Oklahoma-If you have Murray is ahead of Rosen, you have to take him. Murray fits Kliff Kingsbury’s system to a T. Baker Mayfield going 1, and having immediate success despite being 6 feet tall makes this easier for the Cards.
2. San Francisco-Nick Bosa-DE-Ohio St.-Seen a few analysts try to take the shine off of Bosa. I blame the injury absence, make no mistake though, in a deep defensive line class. Bosa, when healthy was the top playmaker of the group. Constantly making big plays for the Buckeyes defense off the edge.
3. New York Jets-Ed Oliver-DT-Houston-Can the Jets move down a few spots and still land him? They would want to, but with no urgency on moves for a QB, and Oliver gaining steam as of late, they may not be able to take that risk. They take a defensive tackle that will remind Gregg Williams a little of Aaron Donald and Larry Ogunjobi.
4. Oakland-Quinnen Williams-DT-Alabama-One of the key spots in the draft. I don’t think Gruden is sold on Derek Carr. Do they take Haskins or another QB here? Do they go BPA in Williams? Do they go edge with Josh Allen? I’ll play it safe and go Williams, who can collapse the pockets to put pressure on conference rivals Patrick Mahomes and Phillip Rivers.
5. Tampa Bay-Devin White-LB-LSU-A sideline-to-sideline enforcer for the middle of the front seven for the Bucs.