This morning we got you caught up on the weekend that was, reviewing all the many things that happened with the Browns, Cavaliers and Indians. This afternoon we preview the week that is coming up: What to expect, what could happen and what is scheduled.
- Watchthe Browns open up training camp on Thursday in Berea. This is Head Coach Rob Chudzinski’s first camp running the entire team. Things to be on the look out for:
- Watch, as always in Cleveland, the QB position will be the closest thing picked over. Watch for the snaps taken with the first and second teams between Brandon Weeden, Jason Campbell and Brian Hoyer. Currently the three sit to finish in that order on the depth chart but things could change quickly.
- Watch for how Trent Richardson looks following a banged up rookie year. Can he live up to his high draft status, #3 overall?
- Watch out for a major injury early in camp. Not a training camp goes by without significant players losing their season very early in training camp. For the Browns this has been true with big free agent pickups LeCharles Bentley and Gary Baxter in the past, but all teams have to worry about this.
- Watch Cavs.com for a press conference. As we discussed this morning look for the Cavs to introduce Sergey Karasev in Cleveland sometime this week. Karasev will return to Russia to continue to train with the national team but has shown no indications that he will not be with the Cavaliers this season. The 19 year old, full of experience beyond his years, is a long term piece for the team.
- Watch outfor injuries at USA Basketball team’s training camp and inter-squad scrimmage. While these practices are setup for players to showcase their talents, the more they play and the more they compete the more likely they are to get injured.
- Watch out especially for the 3 Cavs players participating: Kyrie Irving, Dion Waiters and Tyler Zeller
- Watch for stories coming out of Las Vegas of Irving’s domination of this camp. Like last year, with the main Team USA, expect players, coaches and executives to speak the praises of the Cavaliers star 3rd year player.
- Watch for the Cavs to make another roster move, with the possibility of adding a known player with the exception that they have left. The player won’t be a high dollar or name but competition most likely at the 2 or the 3. Could even see the return of a familiar name like Daniel “Boobie” Gibson.
- Watchthe Indians, starting late tonight, take on the Seattle Mariners.
- Watch today and tomorrow’s game start at 10:10 PM Eastern Time and the finale starts at 3:40 PM.
- Watch for projected starters Ubaldo Jimenez, Zach McAllister and Scott Kazmir to continue the Indians stellar starting pitching.
- Watch out for the bullpen to continue to struggle to find some semblance of consistency they had last year.
- Watch out for the impact of the time change in the first game, tonight, and its impact on the team who will be starting the late game around the time they are used to finishing up evening scheduled games.
- Watch for one of the Indians struggling regulars (Mark Reynolds and Nick Swisher) to break out against Mariner pitching that does not include “King” Felix this time around.
- Watch the Indians take 2 of 3 from the under .500 Mariners.
What else should Cleveland fans Watch for? Watch out for?
Don’t forget to catch up on the weekend that was here.