This morning we got you caught up on the weekend that was, reviewing all the many things that happened with the Browns, Cavaliers and Indians. This afternoon we preview the week that is coming up: What to expect, what could happen and what is scheduled.
- Watch the Browns continue through training camp, you can find the schedule here.
- Watch and Watch out for reports stating QB Brandon Weeden is AND is not having a good camp.
- Watch out for a major injury, like those that have befallen many teams already this year with about a dozen starters going down with season ending injuries so far.
- Watch for HC Rob Chudzinksi, as well as OC Norv Turner and DC Ray Horton, to continue to install more of their new systems. This may lead to struggles for the team in practice, but also excitement at what is to come.
- Watch for continue reports from camp say that the players are overly excited to have this coaching staff, and not have Pat Shurmur.
- Watch for a training camp breakout star to emerge out of no where. (Think RB Ben Gay as a prime example)
- Watch out for another wrinkle in the Jimmy Haslam court case. Last week was rather quiet, this week could have more information coming out.
- Watch FoS today for a review of CBS’s article on Kyrie Irving
- Watch out for more reports and/or concerns that Irving is not long for the Cavaliers because of ________ (Media members will fill in the blank).
- Watch for the Cavs to be reportedly interested in, or signing, another shooting guard or small forward.
- Watch for that player to possibly be Daniel “Boobie” Gibson.
- Watch and Watch out for reports on Andrew Bynum’s workouts at the Cleveland Clinic Courts. The Cavs were finishing up some improvements on the courts and then Bynum expected to spend much of his off-season there. Expect for reports stating he is looking better and reports raising concern for his progress.
- Watch the Indians open a 4 game series with the Chicago White Sox.
- The Sox sit 22 games under 500, obviously struggling under first year manager Robin Ventura.
- Chicago is rumored to be looking to trade Game 2 starter Jake Peavy this week, so the Tribe may miss facing their ace.
- The White Sox come off losing 7 of their last 10 games and may have started to “pack it in” for the year.
- Watch the Tribe take 3 of 4 in this series with quality starting pitching and timely hitting
- Watch out for the team to not make up any ground on the Tigers but some factors may increase hope in the Central
- The Tigers just picked up Closer Jose Veras.
- Starting SS Johnny Peralta is named in the BioGenesis reports, so the Tigers could be looking at losing a key cog in the infield.
- Justin Verlander has struggled recently and the next start or two could be huge for him.
- Miguel Cabrera has suffered through some injuries and may not be totally healthy the rest of the year.
- Watch out for the Indians to be relatively quiet at the “Trading Deadline.” The team has some prospects to move but may not want to sacrifice the future this year, waiting till next year to make that gamble.
- July 31st and 4PM is the deadline for trading players with the waivers system.
- Players can be traded after the “Trading Deadline” if they pass through waivers or are traded to the team that claims them.
- The teams with the worst record have the option to claim a player first.
- Watch for the national media to start to pickup on the Tribe’s push for a playoff spot, possibly a national story or 2 could hit by the end of the week depending on the series with the White Sox.
- Watch the games. Fans have continued to struggle to attend the games this year, but this week should be different. With moderate temperatures, a less then stellar opponent and a team playing well and in the playoff hunt fans should be flocking to Progressive Field and the low priced tickets.
- Watch out for FoS and other sites to make issue if this series is more highly attended.
What else should Cleveland fans Watch for? Watch out for?
Don’t forget to catch up on the weekend that was here.