Browns 9th Possession (continued)
- Browns go for it on 4th and 4. Jordan Cameron gets 3 yards plus but is just short.
- Gutsy play doesn’t lead to a 1st, by a credit card. Huge play in the game.
- Browns challenge spot of the play.
- Good challenge. Ref got down on all 4s to check the spot, so worth a chance for Chud in this spot.
- Call stands.
Ravens 9th Possession
- Penalty on first down leads to 1st and 20. 2 plays still 3 and 21.
- When in position the Browns defense has held up well.
- Rush gets there, hits Flacco’s arm, pass incomplete on 3rd down.
- Turnover on Downs causes no problems as the Ravens punt.
Browns 10th Possession
- Browns start their possession with 2 throws, 1 off Little’s hands the other a throw away.
- Browns don’t go to Trent Richardson in the 4th quarter when down 1. Not sure that makes sense.
- Weeden sacked on 3rd down for a loss of 10. 4th sack of Weeden.
- With no Richarson in the game, and no receiver running any underneath routes Weeden had no chance.
- Punt leads to big return by the Ravens to the Browns side of the ball.
- Long game starting to take impact on less talented team. A few key plays stand out for today’s game so far.
Ravens 10th Possession
- On first down run Ray Rice goes down without being touched.
- Grabbed his hip after first plant. Walks off on his own but limping.
- Mingo tips and almost picks off a pass.
- The first rounder looks good so far in his first game.
- Ravens pick up a third down on a deep middle throw.
- Secondary still struggling but better then last week. Blitz not getting there was a big deal.
- Flacco hits rookie Marlon Brown on 2 plays in a row, the second a touchdown.
- Small corners cause issues again as 6’5″ Brown over 5’9″ Chris Owens leads to 14 unanswered points.
Browns 11th Possession
- Two quick passes, to Richardson and Cameron, lead to a first down.
- Browns seem to be abandoning the run game again but they get a first.
- Two more passes lead to a 3rd down and 10 then a delay of game call.
- Weeden struggles in the huddle to get the play called. Are the plays too long in verbiage?
- Pass completed for 8 yards on 3rd and 15. Punt out of the endzone for a touchback.
- No rhythm when you don’t run the ball and then have penalties.
Ravens 11th Possession
- Ravens run some clock off with run plays.
- Unlike the Browns the Ravens trust their run game, even without Rice.
- Ravens punt is downed at the 1 inch line.
- Weeden is out due to a thumb injury, Jason Campbell needs to take the team 99 yards in 3 minutes.
Browns 12th Possession
- On his first pass attempt Campbell takes a risk but a pass interference call gives the Browns so breathing room.
- Campbell lost a competition this off-season to Weeden so expecting a huge upgrade is not appropriate.
- 2 more passes, after the PI gave a first down, incomplete leading to 3rd and 10.
- Still no running game. Richardson on the bench.
- On 3rd down another incomplete pass leads to 4th down.
- Campbell’s pass had little hope of completion.
- On 4th down rush flushes Campbell who underhands pass to Cameron for a turnover on downs.
- Like last year the offense doesn’t look like it is able to win a game.
Ravens 12th Possession
- Browns have no timeouts so Baltimore looks to run the clock out with Pierce.
- Browns defense has been on the field for a long time and may give in now that game is unlikely to be won.
- Ravens Pierce gets first down on 3rd and 4.
- Browns know the rush is coming but can’t stop it after the 2 minute warning.
- Ravens run the clock out in the victory formation.
Scoreboard: Ravens 14 Browns 6
Lots of follow up required following this one.