We checked in with the team at RiverFrontBall to get the inside scoop on the Cleveland Browns Week 4 opponent Cincinnati Bengals. We probed into the production of the team so far, the nuances of what the site following the team has seen and offered them the opportunity to do the same with us. Below is my questions to them followed by their answers. I have attached the questions they asked me as well, but to get my answers you will have to wait till they post them.
1. The Bengals have only gotten 6 sacks so far this season from their stellar front 7, is that due a sign of struggling or have the QB pressures and hits more then made up for it?
It seems that they haven’t reached their full potential yet. They did sack Aaron Rodgers four times this past weekend though. Their pressure on the quarterback though definitely makes up for lack of sacks. The two knock downs by Carlos Dunlap and Michael Johnson last weekend in the final seconds made up for that entirely.
2. Is the rookie, Giovani Bernard, close to transplanting BJGE as the primary ball carrier in the Cincy offense? If so can his frame carry the load?
Gio has been outstanding so far. When the Bengals took him over Eddie Lacy many fans were skeptical but his versatility has made everyone a fan. Gio is a flashy back, very quick, very fast. BJGE is a power back but Gio is well on his way to being #1. Can he carry the workload? For now he can, as the season carries on BJGE will become more useful.
3. Who has been the strength of the offensive line so far for the Bengals? Who has been the weakest link?
The o-line has been incredible this season. It is definitely the strength of the team. Dalton has been sacked 5 times but really that is one maybe two a game. Dalton though is the weak link. His sporadic play has driven fans insane through the first three weeks, making throws has been difficult this season.
4. What are the chances Leon Hall (Inury) and Adam Jones (Legal Issues) play this week?
Both will likely play this week. Adam was only cited this past week. He was not arrested contrary to what ESPN reported. He was drunk and a passenger, who hasn’t been a little mouthy while intoxicated? It is a non story. Hall did sit out practice today, it appears the chances of seeing him in Cleveland are slim now.
5. What are Bengals fans expectations this week, after last weeks big win versus the Packers? Any worry of a mental lapse?
Of course Bengals fans expect to beat the Browns. The in state rivalry is always intense. Coming off that big win I actually thing the Bengals will be on. They beat one of the better teams in the league, they’re playing with confidence so expect them to score some points.
Their questions to me:
1) What is the feeling in Cleveland after trading Trent Richardson then winning this weekend?
2) If Brian Hoyer continues to win is Brandon Weeden’s career in Cleveland over?
3) The last 4 games between the Bengals and Browns have been decided by 10 points or less, do you think that will happen again?
4) What are the strong aspects and weak aspects of this 2013 Browns team?
5) The Teddy Bridgewater bowl between Cleveland and Jacksonville will happen later this year, is Bridgewater a good fit for Cleveland or is someone else better suited?
Dick's Sporting Goods presents "Hell Week":