As the Ohio State Buckeyes take on the Alabama Crimson Tide in the College Football Playoff we will provide you analysis of everything important. We will watch how Cardale Jones handles the Tide defense, how the Buckeyes defense takes away the run game AND Amari Cooper and whose special teams has the edge.
The College Football Playoff will finish with the National Title Game against the Oregon Ducks who blew the doors off Florida State. The Ducks were impressive on offense and defense in their game. Can the Buckeyes put on the kind of show they did against the Wisconsin Badgers in the Big 10 Title Game?
Connect with us on Social Media as we provide even more analysis there:
- Buckeyes fail to convert on 3rd and 3 forcing them to punt.
- Momentum seems to have swung pretty quickly toward the Tide.
- Expect them to run the ball a ton.
- Michael Bennett loses helmet and looks woozy coming off the field.
- Bennett a huge piece of the Buckeyes defensive line. Could be a big problem.
- Came back in after 2 plays.
- Defense stiffens with a sack and sniffing out a screen.
- Forces the Tide to punt with their great punter.
- Punt to the 8 yard line, Jalin Marshall almost misplays the punt.
- Field position game has not gone well for OSU.
- Buckeyes can’t convert, actually lose yards, and have to punt from inside their endzone.
- Two penalties push back the punter.
- Terrible punt to the 40 yard line then bounces back to the 25 yard line. Bama near redzone already.
- First play Alabama go for a TD. Vonn Bell with an INT near the goal line.
- Huge play by the Buckeyes defense after a punt that seemed to change the game.
- Buckeyes ball at the 8 yard line and need to get some yards on the next drive.
- Offense loses 4 yards and are forced to punt again.
- 3 straight 3 and outs.
- Punter at the back of the endzone again.
- Punter got hit on the kick but only called Running Into the Kicker, 5 yard penalty, declined.
- Punter got crushed but plant leg not hit.
- Alabama ball near midfield. All and all a good trade with the INT but offense hurting the team with 3 and outs.
- Tide return to the run game to pick up a first down with a little over 8 minutes left in the game and them down 6.
- Darron Lee with a huge sack on third down to force a punt.
- Punt again downed inside the 5 yard line.
- After Cardale Jones picks up a tough 1 yard on 3rd and 1 the Ezekiel Elliott with a huge TD run.
- 85 yards by Elliott with a little over 3 minutes left in the game.
- Landon Collins was knocked out for one play and the Buckeyes take advantage.
- Buckeyes go for 2 and convert.
- Buckeyes 42 Tide 28
- Bama ball at the 35 yard line and a little over 3 minutes left. Tide down 2 TDs.
- Blown coverage by Buckeyes leads to a big play into the redzone for the Tide.
- Tyvis Powell bit on the double move leaving the receiver wide open.
- Under 3 minutes left.
- Bama has to go for it on 4th and 2 with the clock running.
- Blake Sims with a rocket throw to Amari Cooper for a touchdown.
- 1:59 left in the game.
- Onside likely to ensue.
- Ohio State 42 Alabama 35
- Evan Spencer pulled down a great onside kick by grabbing the tip of the ball.
- Buckeyes need a first down but go deep on the first down, taking no time off the clock and doesn’t force Tide to use one of their 2 timeouts.
- 1:50 left in the game.
- Buckeyes lose a few yards, gain a couple then lose a ton, forcing Alabama to use all of their timeouts.
- Buckeyes forced to punt with 1:39 left and Tide with no timeouts.
- Punt fair caught at the 16 yard line and have to go 84 yards quickly.
- Buckeyes tackle Tide receiver in bounds on first three plays.
- Tide with 40 seconds left.
- Blake Sims scramble to the 50 yard line with 20 seconds left.
- Complete pass to the 40 with 15 seconds left.
- Deep ball near the endzone is broken up by the Buckeyes. 8 seconds left.
- Interception on a Hail Mary to end the game.
- Ohio State 42 Alabama 35
- Buckeyes on to the National Title Game.
- Tons of coverage tomorrow right here on FoS.
- GO BUCKS!
More from Ohio State Buckeyes
- Ohio State losing Quinn Ewers a week after the Michigan loss is bad optics
- Ohio State football: CFP still possible as long as defense not hot mess
- Ohio State football: Once C.J. Stroud settled in, Minnesota was done
- Ohio State basketball: Aaron Craft back in uniform for Buckeyes
- 2021 NFL Draft chatter: Justin Fields falls into Patriots laps after trade up?
Ohio State – A – The Buckeyes defeated the Alabama Crimson Tide and will go on to the National Title Game. Wow!
Alabama – C – The Crimson Tide played better in the 4th quarter but struggled throughout the second half. The SEC is not in the National Title Game.
What do you think of this quarter in the College Football Playoff?