Oct 17, 2015; Columbus, OH, USA; Ohio State Buckeyes quarterback J.T. Barrett (16) carries the ball as Penn State Nittany Lions defensive tackle Austin Johnson (99) defends in the second quarter at Ohio Stadium. Ohio State defeated Penn State 38-10. Mandatory Credit: James Lang-USA TODAY Sports
1. QB Position Finally Settled
Urban Meyer is moving forward with J.T. Barrett as the starter, and after watching last week’s game against Penn State, you can’t blame the head coach for finally making the switch.
Against the Nittany Lions, Barrett oozed confidence and the ability to finally lead the offense. Many Buckeye fans had wanted to give him the job weeks ago, but in all fairness to Meyer, Barrett hadn’t done anything to earn the job.
But now that’s changed.
Barrett’s legs do make a big difference, evidenced by the 102 yards he record on 11 carries. He only attempted four passes (completing each one), but when one of those throws looks like this, look out college football, because here come the Buckeyes.
And what about Cardale?
He’s playing it smart, addressing his current mood on Twitter:
"All positive vibes"
Cardale played it smooth, and is smart not to rock the boat. Who would’ve predicted he’d play last year when he was just the guy tweeting, “Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL, we ain’t come to play SCHOOL classes are POINTLESS.”
Instead of being remembered for social media nonsense, Jones will go down in Ohio State history for what he did to help the Buckeyes win the national title. Plus, he became a role model to many when he chose not to enter the 2014 NFL Draft, and returned to school instead.
Next: Rutgers Can't Play Defense
More from Factory of Sadness
- Bet $1 on ANYTHING to Unlock $200 Guaranteed with Crazy Bet365 Ohio Promo!
- 3 reasons why the Cleveland Cavaliers have a good shot to win the East next year
- It might be too soon to say it but it looks like the Cleveland Guardians are back
- Are the Cleveland Browns a Top 10 roster heading into the 2023 season?
- Eastern Conference Solidarity: Back the Heat with $5 Bet, Win $200 Bonus INSTANTLY with DraftKings Promo