Oct 18, 2015; Cleveland, OH, USA; Cleveland Browns wide receiverTravis Benjamin
(11) catches a pass as Denver Broncos free safetyDarian Stewart
(26) defends in the fourth quarter at FirstEnergy Stadium. Mandatory Credit: James Lang-USA TODAY Sports
Browns Passing Attack Will Put Up Points
The Rams defense is a good defense, but it’s not quite the New York Jets or the Denver Broncos defense either. Despite having such a great pass rush, the Rams still give up 235.4 passing yards per game which is the 10th lowest in the NFL.
It seems that the Rams’ pass rush will be worse than the one the Browns faced this past Sunday. Heading into this week’s game, their pass rush is also a bit beat up, which benefits Cleveland’s offense greatly.
I know everyone is still a bit upset with McCown after his final drive against the Broncos, but regardless he’s still been playing pretty good. Yes, McCown struggled a bit last Sunday, but that is likely the best defense they will see all year long.
More from Factory of Sadness
- Bet $1 on ANYTHING to Unlock $200 Guaranteed with Crazy Bet365 Ohio Promo!
- 3 reasons why the Cleveland Cavaliers have a good shot to win the East next year
- It might be too soon to say it but it looks like the Cleveland Guardians are back
- Are the Cleveland Browns a Top 10 roster heading into the 2023 season?
- Eastern Conference Solidarity: Back the Heat with $5 Bet, Win $200 Bonus INSTANTLY with DraftKings Promo
If that’s the worse their QB and passing game is going to look all season long then they will be in pretty good shape.
McCown still threw for 20/39, 219 yards, 2 TDs and 2 INTs. Not only that but the Browns offense still put up 23 points. If that’s the case against Denver, then Cleveland will have no issue this week.
The Rams don’t have nearly as much talent in the secondary that the Broncos have, so Cleveland’s WRs will be able to take full advantage on Sunday.
As long as Cleveland can put up points against St. Louis, then they will be in great shape. The Rams offense will not be able to keep up in a shootout with the Browns if Cleveland makes it into one — and yes I do believe that the Browns will make it a bit of a shootout on Sunday.
Next: Rams Passing Game Is Not Great