Sep 28, 2015; Cleveland, OH, USA; Cleveland Cavaliers forward Kevin Love (0) talks to the media during Cleveland Cavaliers media day at Cleveland Clinic Courts. Mandatory Credit: Ken Blaze-USA TODAY Sports
2) How Does the Big Man Rotation Work Out?
Assuming everyone is healthy, Timofey Mozgov and Kevin Love will start at the center and power forward spots, respectively. But who is the first big off the bench? If healthy, it should be Anderson Varejao. He’s bigger and not a complete offensive liability while providing the same hustle and rebounding that Tristan Thompson flashed in the playoffs. However, Thompson’s salary will get him the first shot at minutes up front once he gets into game shape after his holdout.
The good thing about this group of bigs is that all four can play with one another. While the Mozgov-Love pairing was actually very effective defensively, a Varejao-Thompson pairing could blitz opposing offenses in short spurts. Even a Mozgov-Varejao frontcourt could work in the right matchup. Andy has played enough power forward in his career to at least fill that role if needed and Mozgov didn’t look too out of place against the small ball lineups Golden State threw at him. Ideally, Thompson and Varejao are only on the floor for about 15-18 minutes per night.
Next: Will The Heat Stay Up On David Blatt?
More from Factory of Sadness
- Bet $1 on ANYTHING to Unlock $200 Guaranteed with Crazy Bet365 Ohio Promo!
- 3 reasons why the Cleveland Cavaliers have a good shot to win the East next year
- It might be too soon to say it but it looks like the Cleveland Guardians are back
- Are the Cleveland Browns a Top 10 roster heading into the 2023 season?
- Eastern Conference Solidarity: Back the Heat with $5 Bet, Win $200 Bonus INSTANTLY with DraftKings Promo