Nov 7, 2015; Oxford, MS, USA; Mississippi Rebels wide receiverLaquon Treadwell
(1) attempts to stay inbounds as he is defended by Arkansas Razorbacks defensive backJared Collins
(29) during the second quarter of the game at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Matt Bush-USA TODAY Sports
Bypass Bosa For A Wide Receiver
The Browns have weaknesses all over the field but they aren’t going anywhere until they fix the offense. They have wasted pick after pick on the defense but to no avail! Cleveland has some good defensive players that a better scheme would accentuate but they also need playmakers in the receiving corp.
Quarterback Johnny Manziel threw for 372 yards in Week 10 but only one touchdown came of it. This screams of a lack of playmakers! Not to mention a better blocking scheme as they still cannot run the football. Therefore I would look to Ole Miss wide receiver Laquon Treadwell or another tall, possible number one receiver be chosen if the Browns believe Manziel is the QB going forward. If not then select the best quarterback on the board.
No. Enough with the defense! It is time to bring the offense to life. I would be more interested in pairing a player such as Treadwell or Michael Thomas (Ohio State) with a young quarterback later in the draft.
More from Factory of Sadness
- Bet $1 on ANYTHING to Unlock $200 Guaranteed with Crazy Bet365 Ohio Promo!
- 3 reasons why the Cleveland Cavaliers have a good shot to win the East next year
- It might be too soon to say it but it looks like the Cleveland Guardians are back
- Are the Cleveland Browns a Top 10 roster heading into the 2023 season?
- Eastern Conference Solidarity: Back the Heat with $5 Bet, Win $200 Bonus INSTANTLY with DraftKings Promo
It is hard to take Bosa No. 1 right now if I’m the Browns, because I have no idea who will be coaching the defense next year. The Browns currently play the 3-4. Are you going to gamble the No. 1 overall pick on a project, converting Bosa to outside linebacker!?
Of course you are not, which means you would have to switch back to the 4-3. If that happened, that means there is going to be somebody different picking the players, and probably coaching the team.
But back to my original point. It is a playmaking league. So many games come down to the final drive. It is time to get a stud receiver and quarterback who can grow together. With the Browns picking high in 2016, this would be a great time to start.
Next: Treadwell Should Be Destined For Cleveland