Cutting Kessler Could Happen
Well, I do not want to be knee-jerkish after that horrible performance by Cleveland Browns rookie quarterback Cody Kessler last night. However, if he comes out next week against the Atlanta Falcons like that, Kessler could be cut.
More from Factory of Sadness
- Bet $1 on ANYTHING to Unlock $200 Guaranteed with Crazy Bet365 Ohio Promo!
- 3 reasons why the Cleveland Cavaliers have a good shot to win the East next year
- It might be too soon to say it but it looks like the Cleveland Guardians are back
- Are the Cleveland Browns a Top 10 roster heading into the 2023 season?
- Eastern Conference Solidarity: Back the Heat with $5 Bet, Win $200 Bonus INSTANTLY with DraftKings Promo
Doing so would just leave Josh McCown and Austin Davis to be the Browns backups to Robert Griffin III. At the end of the day, RG3 will be just fine.
He threw a pick yesterday, but that was because tight end Gary Barnidge went behind the defense instead of under it. Griffin showed poise in the pocket — something we never saw while with the Washington Redskins. Griffin simply took control of the offense.
Somehow, we are going to have to find a running game from somewhere. Duke Johnson and Raheem Mostert were good enough, but they are not guys that can get 15-20 carries a game. I say that because a good running game will easily open up the Browns offense, which will truly make RG3 look like the QB we all know that he can be.
Next: All Depends On Quarterbacks' (Outside Of RG3) Play During The Preseason