Cavs draft rumors involving an apparent smokescreen aimed at the Hornets, plus updates on Kemba Walker, Kevin Love and Michael Porter.
1. In Cavs draft rumors, it sure looks like Cleveland is trying to entice the Charlotte Hornets into a trade.
The discussion, which has a very smoke-screeny feel to it, is centered around Kentucky point guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander.
OK, to be fair to Gilgeous-Alexander, people know who he is, but there’s a lot of people who don’t. He certainly hasn’t been tied to the Cavs until now.
The Hornets and Clippers reportedly like Gilgeous-Alexander, which is interesting because the Cavs have been linked to Charlotte point guard Kemba Walker, who has one year and $12 million remaining on his current contract.
One theory has Cleveland sending Kevin Love and the eighth pick to the Hornets for the 11th pick and Walker. The notion of trading down isn’t something new, although there’s a case to be made against it.
Fortunately we won’t have to wait much longer to find out.
2. Some NBA Draft rumors have centered around the Cavs moving up, possibly taking on the fourth pick and Chandler Parsons‘ $24 million contract for next season off Memphis’ hands.
The Grizzlies are getting a lot of calls from teams desiring the fourth pick, but the organization reportedly doesn’t like any proposals.
3. Luca Doncic, who was the EuroLeague MVP at 19 years old, is perhaps the most intriguing prospect in the draft. He can’t legally buy a beer in the US for two more years, yet he’s already won everything there is to win in Europe.
He’s considered to be a better version of Manu Ginobli, which is pretty good company.
But which team will take the plunge and draft him and how does his selection impact the Cavs?
ESPN’s Brian Windhorst told his audience to keep an eye out on the No. 2 pick, which belongs to the Kings.
Ideally, Cleveland would be proactive and try to jump up and get him he if he falls.
4. Cleveland.com’s Joe Vardon wrote the Cavaliers would love to select Michael Porter at No. 8.
Porter’s my favorite player in this draft you know the wrap about big guys with bad backs.
Now, Porter’s got hip problems, although he says the injury as been “Exaggerated.”
5. Will Kevin Love be a Cav next season? Portland could be a possibility.
Love, along with the eighth pick, are the only two assets the Cavs have to get better.
If he’s still on the roster by mid-July, it will be a surprise.
What’s your dream draft scenario?