1. New Orleans-Zion Williamson-PF-Duke-A mere formality for top basketball man David Griffin. Now, here’s what fans of the Pelicans should be watching for in the lead-up to the Draft. Could the Pelicans be drafting again in the top four 4 following a trade of Anthony Davis?
2. Memphis-Ja Morant-PG-Murray St-Another easy placement for one of the lottery’s biggest winners. The Grizzlies made it known Morant would be the pick almost immediately after the lottery.
3. New York-RJ Barrett-G-Duke-Knicks take my best available player here to either entice a trade with the Pelicans or to groom him alongside, for their sake, Kevin Durant. Barrett sometimes would take the reins at Duke, even over Zion, so you shouldn’t have to worry about that in New York with Durant the clear alpha.
4. TRADE-New Orleans-Darius Garland-G-Vanderbilt–LeBron James and the Lakers finally get their man, as Anthony Davis is shipped to LA for the fourth pick, Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, and two future unprotected first-rounders.
Griffin adds Garland to play alongside Jrue Holiday, and the Pelicans rebuild is looking good.
5. TRADE- Atlanta-Jarrett Culver-G-Texas Tech-We already went over the deals…so Speaking of rebuilds that are looking good, Culver’s defense plays right now, the Hawks need that next to Trae Young. They have a potential star if they can fine tune his shooting.