If you’re looking for some rumors involving the Cleveland Browns, check out this smoke emanating from Boise State and OT Ezra Cleveland.
As the Cleveland Browns march toward the 2020 NFL Draft, the rumor mill is starting to heat up, particularly around the idea of a trade down.
If new GM Andrew Berry and Chief Strategy Officer Paul DePodesta decide to move back, one name to zero in on may be Boise State’s Ezra Cleveland.
TheLandonDemand’s Tony Grossi cited an an anonymous source who said Berry “Has taken a liking to Cleveland.”
The Browns are doing their due diligence with Berry, and have conference with the prospect over Zoom, according to Grossi.
Ultimately, the Browns will likely choose a tackle with the 10th overall pick, but should things get crazy on draft night, Cleveland might be part of a contingency plan.
Here’s what I think I know about the Browns entering the Draft:
1. I think they like Andrew Thomas, Tristan Wirfs and Jedrick Wills. Andrew Berry recently made news when he basically said that it doesn’t matter if a guy played more right, than left tackle in college.
2. I think they’re not totally sold on Mekhi Becton. With Becton’s name absent from the first round of PFF’s analytics draft, I think you can’t convince me otherwise.
3. Grossi think the front office views Cleveland in the second-tier of of tackles, but closer to the likes of Thomas, Wirfs, etc, than you think.
4. I think it would take something unprecedented for the Browns to move down. I’m talking three offensive lineman are gone by the time Cleveland picks.
5. I think that Isaiah Simmons is a tremendous prospect, but I don’t what Cleveland would do if he were on the board at No. 10. If Simmons is there, the tackle the Browns want was probably already drafted. As crazy as it seems, I think they’d trade down.
Fortunately, we get an answer in 10 days, as the sports world will finally have some news to break down.