The Cleveland Browns will feature a host of ex-players and coaches in the XFL this season but who are the most must-see former members?
The Cleveland Browns are watching the offseason begin to unfold around them, and the team now has not one, but two new opportunities to scout talents. Beyond the free agent market, the scout teams, and the NFL Draft, the Browns can now see talent in the USFL, starting in April, and the XFL, currently in the first week of its season.
The XFL will feature a host of players that we’ll be sure to point out and pay attention to as they start putting plays on tape but until that day comes, we thought it’d be fun to look at ex-Browns players and coaches in the league and what we’re hoping from them this season. We’ve located the five most important players and coaches and we got them down below but first, let’s look at the rest of the players that used to call Cleveland their team.
- CB Lavert Hill, St. Louis BattleHawks
- S Nate Meadors, St. Louis BattleHawks
- LB Silas Kelly, St. Louis BattleHawks
- LB Willie Harvey, St. Louis BattleHawks
- OL Willie Wright, San Antonio Brahmas
- K Matt McCrane, DC Defenders
- OL David Moore, Orlando Guardians
- WR Rannell Hall, Arlington Renegades
- WR Davion Davis, Houston Roughnecks
- WR Travell Harris, Houston Roughnecks
The Sea Dragons
- WR Blake Jackson, Seattle Sea Dragons
The XFL has seen some changes to where the teams will play, with the Renegades going from Dallas to Arlington, the Guardians going from New York to Orlando, and the Vipers going from Tampa Bay to Las Vegas.
Furthermore, the Los Angeles club was folded entirely, ending the Wildcats for good, and instead, the San Antonio Brahmas were created.